Isle Esme


The love between Carlisle and Esme is unbelieveable.  One would think that their endless joy and happiness would rub off on me, but for some reason it only makes me feel worse.  I am glad that they have found each other.  I would never hold that against them.  Yet at the same time, the intensity between them leaves me feeling lonely and even more in despair.  


I have been traveling in order to keep myself busy.  It seems to help keep my mind and body occupied.  I have visited many different vampire friends.  Most do not live the same lifestyle as Carlisle and I do, and now Esme.  That does not particularly bother me, to each their own.  I hunt in nearby woods, or sometimes rivers or lakes.  There is always abundant supplies of food for me, as vampires tend to live in areas of seclusion.  


The change of scenery has done me good.  I have been to several states of the U.S., Mexico, and Greece.  Perhaps next month I will visit a friend of Carlisle's down in Australia.  He is a fairly wild one, however, so I am not sure if he will be easily found.  He will be guaranteed to show me an interesting time, and I hear that there are some interesting animals down south.


Before I left, Carlisle and Esme had a small ceremony to officially make their union a "marriage."  If there is such a thing in the vampire world.  It was Esme's idea.  She wanted to wear a pretty dress, and have flowers hung around the yard.  Carlisle was very accommodating, of course, and eager to make Esme happy.  He wore a tuxedo, and we had a local priest preside over the service as though we were actually human.  It was something to remember.  Vampires have excellent memories.  


As a gift, Carlisle had a surprise for Esme.  He took her to a special island that he bought just for her.  I am not sure anyone has ever been so kind or generous to her before.  From what I understand it was the greatest and best gift she has ever received.  The island is quite beautiful.  The sand is soft and white, and the plants are green and full.  There are plenty of flowers to bloom and trees to grow tall and wide.  I believe it is by the Rio Grande somewhere.  I have not seen it myself yet but have often heard her thinking about it and longing to return.  They are planning to build a grand house on it.  Carlisle is calling it Isle Esme.  It makes her blush but she seems to like it.  


While I was away, they spent quite some time camping on Isle Esme.  They made a lot of plans about the house they were going to build and the things they wanted to do.  Esme thinks about it quite often.  It is part of the reason I keep traveling.  There are some thoughts I don't like to hear.  I try and shut them out as much as I can, but sometimes it cant be helped.  So, while the two lovebirds get used to life as a twosome, I will give them their space.  


I think I will go check on that Aussie friend after all.  Perhaps I will see about these boxing kangaroos that are supposed to be so legendary.  I have never been there before, and am always up for a new adventure.  It will at least be something to talk about when I get back.  

Photobucket