Trends


Charleston has so far been as interesting as can be expected. People here are your average, typical people. The area of town we have moved into, just south of Charleston, West Virginia, is typical as well, an average set of row houses, where each one looks the same as the next, but they are all spaced out far between the first. We don't live in the suburbs of course, we live in the countryside right outside of the suburbs. There is a little land on our property, and good old Dr. Cullen can get away with telling people that the row houses just don't have enough space for his growing brood. People are quick to understand.


Our house here is like most New England plantation style homes, big, roomy and old. We have fixed it up on the inside rather quickly, but to avoid turning any heads, it is still peeling paint and bearing droopy floorboards on the outside. It is grey, and dreary, but it is not so bad. Inside it is rather homey, considering we just got here. Then again it doesn't take much for us to turn our house into a home. We all have enough belongings to fill ten houses. When you live forever, you accumulate a lot of stuff.


School started last week as well. It is almost comical to go to school. We stick together, us Cullen kids. We turn heads, because we are the new kids, and everyone wants to know who we are, but for the most part we keep to ourselves. At least we are seniors here so it wont be very long before we can get jobs and/or be out of the face of the teenage public.

Alice has no trouble making friends, but I try to tell her she is better off keeping her distance. She thinks I am being ridiculous. It is dangerous to make human friends, but Alice has confidence both in her ability to appear human as well as in her ability to forsee any problems. Everyone else sides with me, especially Jasper, so I am sure she will come around soon.



The kids at school are all sporting their stylish clothes, boys with their button down shirts, often plaid ones, or the girls with have bouffant hair- which is very puffy at the top. We got there with our traditional clothes- or Alice and Rosalie in their ahead-of-the-trends style- and looked very out of place and needed to adjust quickly. I hate these shirts. Plaid is not my thing. Its hideous. Emmett makes fun of me a lot. I just joke back that he looks like Paul Bunyan and then we end up on the floor, wrestling. Jasper refuses to wear them at all. His style is his style, he says, fitting in or not. That's Jasper for you. Then again, people are more at ease with Jasper. Perhaps it is his ability.


I am still bored to tears here. I started reading a couple new books. In Cold Blood by a person named Capote has been interesting. It was the title that drew me in, obviously. The book wasn't what I expected, but a guy can get bored reading the same books over and over for decades and decades. I am working on a new song as well. I haven't been giving my piano playing much attention lately, especially since we spent all that time in Denali, so I am making up for it now.


Aside from that, things are calm on the front here. Boring, safe. It is good that way, don't get me wrong. It is just that I am so sick of life- or should I say death? Whatever in between I am trapped in, I am sick of this. I need a change. I need something. I guess I should go hunt. There are some elk in the nearby woods, they are a nice change for me. You get bored eating the same thing over and over. Maybe Jasper is up for a race to the woods. Be back later.

Photobucket