Chiffon and Lace



The good thing about being a vampire for centuries is you can accumulate a lot of money.  Carlisle, having been a vampire since 1663, so for a little less than 300 years- give or take a few decades- has plenty of money to go around.  I have plenty of money myself as well.  I technically survived the influenza that killed both of my parents, at least on paper.  It was the only way that I could gather my families' belongings and make sure I took what belonged to my family and I with me.  I moved away shortly after the flu passed through, to live with my "Uncle Carlisle," who later helped me claim what belonged to me and my family- including our Chicago home, which I still own there.  

We also invest our money in a few small things here and there.  We make money on construction investments, coal, and other such things.  The Coopers and other families would be proud of the Cullens and our money skills, only we are smart enough to keep our names behind the scenes, as we need to be covert and hidden.

Anyways, Carlisle's money has recently gone to good use.  Rosalie has decided to throw a very decadent wedding.  Or perhaps I should say Esme and Carlisle are giving Rosalie and Emmett the wedding of the year.  It is going to be quite an affair.  Everyone who is anyone in town is going to be there, and then some.  Carlisle and Esme are both very excited.  Emmett is beyond proud, and very nervous at the same time.  He considers Rosalie to be his angel, the angel that saved him, and brought him into this incredible world.  He is proud to make her his wife.  Nervous also because any sane man would be nervous marrying Rosalie- she has a lot of expectations.  She has been talking about nothing but dresses, cakes, and flowers for weeks now.

It is rather comical, actually.  This wedding is already the talk of the town, and it is still weeks away.  She is ordering almost everything from other cities, some things even abroad.  Her dress is from Paris- and it is rather beautiful.  Her cake is from New York city, some fancy bakery shop.  Carlisle doesn't mind at all, of course, nothing but the finest.  He is thinking "How often will he get to throw a wedding for his "little girl" after all?"  What he doesn't know is that Rosalie is already planning for "next time."  Every time she has trouble choosing between this cake and that, this dress or that, she figures, "Oh well, there's always next time."

I am going to be the best man, of course.  I am somewhat excited, but not overly so.  It is going to be fun, I am sure.  The reception should be interesting at least, with the music and dancing.  A big fancy band is coming to play.  Rosalie wants nothing but the best of course.  I will be incredible.  We are having the wedding behind the house and already there are sketches laid out by florists of how the flowers are going to be hanging everywhere, and hanging lights, and everything else.  It will be a sight to see.

Aside from the wedding, not much else is going on.  We are all taking a much needed reprieve from life, focusing on the event before us, and enjoying the happiness of Rosalie and Emmett's upcoming marriage.  Or at least they are.  I am trying to be as happy as I can for them, and hoping that one day this life for me will not be so bleak.  I am running out of books to read at night and I am the only one here in this house without a partner.  It is wearing on my nerves.  Rosalie is being somewhat lady like at least, so that is good.  

Esme is getting almost as annoyed with the new couple as I am about their night-time activities though, and their wedding gift from Carlisle and Esme will be to get their own house.  I am greatly looking forward to that.  At the very least it will mean some peace for me.  I am still playing the piano, of course, and composing my own pieces, but nothing compares to Esme's song so far.  I tinker around with a few other subjects as well and am getting rather smart- or so Carlisle says.  I guess that's what happens when you have nothing but time on your hands.  I'm bored.  Such is life as a lonely vampire.  

Photobucket