Near Future


The bond I thought I was feeling with Alice and Jasper- both in different ways and yet both quickly growing- seems to be based on more than just what lies on the surface.  The more time they spend with us the more I find out about them, and it seems to me as though I cannot possibly find out more about each of them than I already have

The vote went as well as I expected it to.  Alice and Jasper are going to be sharing a room at the end of the upstairs hall, which we never really used before anyways.  This big house has plenty of space for them.  Alice already has it decorated to her liking, with fabric draped over the windows in a very oriental style that she must have seen in a book somewhere and hanging lanterns she fashioned out of some things she found in shops in town.  She is very creative and knows how to make just about any space look good.  Her knack for fashion apparently applies to rooms as well.  Esme was in love with the room, and they were quickly absorbed in conversation about decorating the new house on Isle Esme.

Jasper and Alice seem to fit in well, although Jasper is not quite as well received as Alice, he enjoys hunting with us boys, and Emmett likes having another person around to pick on and joke with.  It seems that the more I have been around them, however, the more I noticed odd things in their thoughts.  Alice seemed to get frequent headaches and always wondered things about the future, whereas Jasper seemed to urge calm feelings whenever he felt out of place or out of control in a situation.  It started to bother me, and I finally brought it up to Alice.

My conversation with Alice went well, almost as if she saw it coming, and nothing I said caught her off guard. That should have been my first clue.  I was telling her things about my past, leading up to it, and then I spilled the beans about being able to read people's thoughts.  She took it in stride.  Her response was "Well then, it should be easy for you to communicate with other people, considering you already know what they are going to say."  That was frustrating, because she was right and wrong at the same time.  She sees things so simply, but at the same time, people usually don't say what they mean.

I could see her secret nagging at the edge of her thoughts.  She was debating telling me again.  "Well, I suppose it's time to tell you then."  She said.  And then she let the cat out of the bag.  She told me she could see the future.  The news floored me.  I am not sure why, since there were plenty of clues along the way.  Between her actions and her thoughts I should have put two and two together.  But I have never met another vampire with a special ability before so it took me by surprise.

Her future telling has limits, of course, like my mind reading.  She can only tell the future about people she knows, or things she tries to see.  So she does not get random visions of total strangers.  She has to be searching for something to see it.  Or at least she has to know a person to see their future.  Also, she can only see the future to the point that a certain decision is made.  If a decision is changed, the future is changed.  If a decision hasn't been made yet, the future is uncertain and cannot be seen.

She also came clean about how she found Carlisle and the Cullen house also.  Jasper and Alice were seeking out a new way of life, a peaceful life, and she got a vision of Carlisle.  It makes sense considering that Carlisle is one of the most peaceful vampires in existence.  If she had been searching for peace, she would find him, no doubt.  We have talked for hours about her power and mine.  She told me she saw this in a vision as well, but didn't want to tell me too soon and scare me.  I find it funny now that I think about it.

Alice also says that Jasper has something special about him, but that it is better he tells us himself.  She wants to tell the rest of the Cullens about her mind reading ability first.  One thing at a time, I suppose.  I am just glad I am not the only oddball in the family anymore.  I am going to support her when she tells the rest of the family about her ability, as she is a little worried.  She said she had a vision that when she told them, things went flying in the room and Rosalie was angry, Emmett stormed out, and she couldn't see anything else.  I tried to be reassuring, and maybe her visions could be wrong.  I guess we will see what happens when it happens.  I am also eager to learn about Jasper, although I have a few guesses as to what it is that he can do already.

Photobucket