Tantrum


Well Alice's vision was correct- as she knew it would be.  We sat down at the Cullen family table, and had a little talk.  It went well at first, with Alice explaining that she had something difficult that she wanted to tell everyone, and everyone pledging their support.  Then when she said that she could tell the future, there was a full moment of silence.  Just silence.


I saw it forming in Rosalie's mind before it happened.  The jealousy.  She was thinking that now Alice had something over her.  Something to make her special.  Something unique, even better than beauty.  The bowl went flying before Rosalie even had a second to double think it.  She looked at the bowl and the next thing I knew, it was shattered against the wall.  It was just that fast.  After she threw the bowl, she took off out the door, and Emmett followed quickly.  It was just like Alice saw in her vision.


The rest of us were still sitting there, stunned by the actions of Rosalie, when Jasper opened his mouth to speak.  "I told you they wouldn't accept us here."


She shook her head sadly, as if to agree with him, but her thoughts weren't so sure.  I flickered over to Carlisle.  He wanted me to go after Rosalie and Emmett, and bring them back to apologize.  Talk some sense into their stubborn heads.  Esme and Carlisle would explain to Jasper and Alice that Rosalie just had a bad temper and it tended to cool.  I hoped Carlisle was right.


I excused myself and exited the room.  I heard Esme speaking softly as I wandered out of the house, following Emmett's scent.  Each vampire has their own unique scent, as each human does- and is able to be tracked if you know their scent well enough.  Rosalie likes to wear perfume which makes her easy to track, but she changes her perfume from time to time, and to be honest, her perfumes usually irritate me, so it is easier just to track Emmett.  I found them easily, hunting in the woods.  Hunting usually calms us down, brings our ability to think rationally back into focus.


Rosalie grunted at me the second she noticed me.  Emmett chucked.  Figures.  I smiled.
"Nice display of family togetherness back there."  I joked.  Sarcasm was my strong suit.
"Whatever."  Rosalie replied.
"Don't you think they've been through enough?  They came here for a family.  For some support."  I said.
"They don't need my support."
"They dont need your jealousy either."  I told her bluntly.
"What do you know?"  She picked up a huge boulder and threw it at me.  I glided out of her way and it crumbled against the cold ground.
"I know that you think you have to be the best and have the best.  Can't she have one thing above you without you throwing a tantrum?  I think your beauty should be enough.  Besides, her visions cause her enough trouble, she doesn't need you hating her on top of it."
She stared at me a moment, but didn't say anything.  After a moment, Emmett spoke up.
"What do you mean they cause her problems?"
"They give her headaches, they can change a lot, she sees things she doesn't want to see.  It doesn't seem to be a blessing."
Rosalie thought about that for a moment, kicking a few rocks around.  Emmett already had his mind made up.
"We need to go in there and apologize, Rose."
"Exactly." I said.
Rosalie sighed.  She knew we were right, but she didn't want to admit it.
"I'll go in there, I'll sit down, and I'll listen.  I am not apologizing for anything."
This was probably as good as we were going to get.  I looked at Emmett, and he looked at me.  We both shrugged our shoulders, and headed inside with Rosalie on our tails.


Once we got inside, I could tell Carlisle and Esme had done a fairly decent job of explaining to Alice and Jasper that Rosalie is like a spoiled girl who never really got a chance to grow out of that "I get everything I want when I want it" phase.  They seemed to be taking it in stride.  When Rosalie sat back down at the table, Emmett apologized for both of them, which got an indignant little huff out of Rosalie, but Alice smothered that with hugs for both of them.
"I just want you guys to understand how much we love being here!  I want you to know we don't mean any harm and I couldn't bear to not tell you guys anymore!"  She cast a pointed look at Jasper, but he shook his head.


I looked his way, and could see that whatever it was he had to tell us all, he was certainly not going to tell us now that Rosalie threw her little temper tantrum.  Perhaps another time then.  Things went a little smoother for the rest of the day, and we were all getting along better by nightfall.  Of course, here I am sitting at my desk, the only one without a partner, with nothing else to do but journal, so I'm pouring my heart out on paper while they all cozy up in their beds.  But I'm not going to think about that.


Carlisle says that there is someone out there for me.  I can only imagine what kind of vampire could fill those shoes.  Wow.  Hope she likes to read after all the time I've spent with the library of books I've accumulated so far.  I guess that's it for now.  Be back soon with more.

Photobucket