Monster Come True

This is it for me.  I have become the thing I most feared and most hated about myself.  I am a monster now.  


I have been traveling a lot lately.  It started out with time abroad, trips here and there.  I wanted to see the world, and somehow I ended up wanting to experiment with a new way of life.  I wanted to see how the others lived, which isn't so bad.  I was curious, but mostly I watched from afar, never really partook in their lifestyles although they were usually more than welcoming.  Most of the vampires I visited were friends of Carlisle's.  


The worst part is when I let my depression get the best of me, and I sought out the worst of these wretched humans and sought revenge among them.  I took out my anger on them. 


I didn't bite them, or eat them, or whatever you might want to call it.  I destroyed them.  I killed them, and tortured some of them.  I made them feel the worst kinds of fear.  All of them deserved it.  They were rapists, murderers, and worse.  The lowest of human lifeforms.  And I took every bad feeling I ever had and used it against them.  


I thought it would make me feel better.  I told myself for a while that I was using my talents and abilities for good, like a superhero or something.  Seeking out the bad and getting justice.  Hearing the thoughts of the horrible and using them against them to destroy them.  Except I was blinded.  A man can only be blinded for so long.  Eventually it wore away, and I was left with the truth.  I had become just like these men, killing for sport, causing fear and pain.  Just because they were not innocent did not make it right.  


Once I realized that I sank deeper into my depression for a while and isolated myself further.  I stopped my travels and hid out, trying to decide my future for myself.  The decision as to whether or not I should get myself destroyed weighed heavily on my shoulders.  I really wanted to get some peace, and my own destruction seemed like the only way to get any form of peace in this world.  


I realized that no longer existing wasn't exactly peace, though.  And then my answer seemed clear.  I wanted to go home.  So right now I am on my journey back to Carlisle.  To explain to him the things I have done and look at the shame in his face.  I am certain I will hear disappointment in his voice when I tell him where I have been for these few years, but that is what I must face.  I owe him at least that.  It is time to return to where I belong.

Photobucket