Ice


Our time here in Alaska is fairly peaceful so far.  Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves, including myself.  That is when I am avoiding Tanya's never ending love overtures.  We all appreciate the Denali's for opening their home and land to us and especially for being so gracious about it.  It has been a nice reprieve for all of us.


Tanya, Kate and Irina are considered to be sisters, although like us, they are really only related in vampire terms.  Their vampire creator, whom they consider their mother, was destroyed thousands of years ago.  Sasha- their mother- was punished by the Volturi for creating a vampire child, which is one of the worst vampire laws to break.  The three never really healed from the hurt of losing their mother in such a traumatic way, and the bond of it has brought them closer.  It also made them very strict on vampire laws, and therefore they understand very clearly why we were in such a hurry to leave our home.  


Carmen and Eleazer also have an understanding for the laws, but for different reasons.  Eleazer used to work for the Volturi.  He was one of them.  His special ability is that he is able to seek out a person's talent, whether vampire or human, and tell what a vampire's special ability is or is going to be.  However, after some time with the Volturi, he didn't agree with certain methods of their behavior, and chose to leave.  His respect for the law stuck with him.  Carmen is much softer and more compassionate.  She follows the law because it is so, and for no other reason, except perhaps because Eleazer believes in it.  


We are very welcome here, and it has been fun.  It is nice to be around others of our kind, especially others who live the way we do.  It is secluded here, and we are able to live and hunt freely.  There is a wide variety of animals to choose from, the boring deer are gone, and we dont have to wait for the seasons to get mountain lion- although there are not mountain lions here there is plenty to keep me entertained. There are grizzly bears, black bears, moose, caribou, and wolves here but Emmett is most excited about the grizzlies.  The bears are probably the most abundant animal we have seen.  There are also eagle hawks as well, and if we really want to be entertained, we can try to jump up and catch one.  


Of course the cold doesn't bother us, we can make snow angels (isn't that ironic) and have snowball fights, and go sledding.  We do all the things here that people would typically see us do and wonder at our speed.  Vampire baseball has nothing on vampire skiing, of course we can't do it on regular skiis, we have to make our own or they would break under the pressure of our immaculate skiing skills.  We also have discovered that we can build crazy snow forts in a fairly quick amount of time and have snow wars.  It has been a blast.  It is like being a child again, only no mother is telling you to come in before your feet get frostbite.  


Tanya has been attached at my hip half of the time.  She is very playful, and fun to be around.  She jokes with me, throws snowballs at my head, and helps build lopsided snowmen.  She is an excellent baseball player, and she skiis like there is no tomorrow.  She understands the meaning of the word thrill, that is for sure.  Tanya is entertaining to say the least.  It is what I hear in her thoughts that gets to me though.  I am not sure if anyone has let her in on my ability, so I feel bad for what I hear, but it is almost impossible not to hear it.  


She is falling harder for me the more she is around me.  She is attracted not only to my looks, for whatever reason- it isn't like every vampire is good looking- but also because I am extremely talented for a vampire.  She seems to find my multitude of hobbies to be a good thing.  She likes that I have read a thousand books, have an interest in art, play the piano, etc.  She even takes an interest in the fact that I have almost every body style of car built between the early 1900's to 1950's.  It almost seems genuine although Esme says the word for this is lust.  She is in lust with me.  I have not experienced this before, and although it is flattering, it is annoying as well.  


Of course she is beautiful, curvy, smart, and funny.  But I am just not looking for a mate.  The more she throws herself at me, the more turned off I am.  I am trying to let her down gently, and be nice to her nonetheless, but it is hard.  Especially with seeing her thoughts, some of them as innappropriate as they are, it is very hard.  I don't like seeing her undress myself.  It is very weird looking naked through someone else's eyes, and frankly, she doesn't do me justice in that department.  Not that she needs to know that, it would only encourage her.  I will keep being the nice boy who just isn't on the availability list for now, and maybe she will back off soon.  She is driving me crazy.  Did I say that already?


Anyway,  I think a snowball just hit my window.  I better go join the fight.  Be back later.


Photobucket