Attention


School Monday was everything we expected it to be and more.  The talk about the Cullen party was circulating the hallways long before we walked in the doors, and probably even before the doors were open.  More than likely, people were talking about it all weekend long.  Our behind-the-scenes existence was not going to happen in this town.  


Sometimes that happens, of course.  It is hard to remain low key when people see you for even half of what you truly are.  You develop some sort of a celebrity status.  Look at the Volturi, for example.  They started out as a small clan, and as they acquired members and wealth, people took notice.  Even as they gained respect from other vampires, the humans noticed them too.  Their castle is looked at like a historical landmark, and they are considered to be from a great lineage, with great wealth.  Of course, no-one realizes it is the same vampires from the same generation, they plaster paintings throughout their castle of new generations every few years, and give tours to up the hype.  Their celebrity status among the humans only adds to their power in the vampire world.  Other vampires are also looked upon as wealthy and powerful, but in a lesser degree, and we are always moving, of course.  It is dangerous to be noticeable, but sometimes it cannot be prevented or stopped.


I think we made that mistake in this town.  People noticed us, and we exaggerated the problem by throwing the party.  The kids noticed our furniture was above grade, we had paintings on the walls in fancy frames instead of just family photos like most families have, and we had the biggest color television on the market, no thanks to Emmett and his love for the thing.  It became obvious right away that despite the outside looks of our home, we had money.  


I am looking up on the whole thing, and so is Alice.  Neither of us are seeing any major problems yet.  The kids are in awe of us, and Alice can't forsee anything going bad, so I am not going to worry.  The good thing is I don't have to wear those stupid button down shirts anymore.  I can wear my regular clothing, and look as adult as I want to.  Emmett still wears the plaid though.  I still tease him.  


The biggest downfall is that people try and talk to us now, which means we have to be extra careful of acting human.  We have to breathe even though we don't need the air, always remember to shift our body weight and fidget every few seconds or so, blink our eyes, and simple things like that.  Things we would normally do anyways, except that now people look at us a lot more and so we need to be cautious that we don't forget.  


Rosalie and Emmett have it the easiest as they usually spend their between-class time with their faces stuck together.  They say it is their "teenage act" but I know better.  They are just teenagers at heart.  Either way, people usually don't like to look at other people making out with each other, it's gross.  Alice and Jasper are more low key, but just as deeply in love.  It never ceases to amaze me.


Anyway, the Cullen fan club is as eager as ever, and they have grown by one member.  The new one is shyer, so she doesn't follow me around so much, which is nice, but the four of them are really getting on my nerves.  After fourth period today, I caught them stuffing love notes into my locker.  I am really getting bored of them, so I decided mean is probably the way to go with these girls.  I took the notes out of my locker and stuffed them in lockers of random boys from the basketball team.  It's caused a little bit of pandemonium this afternoon, I can't lie.  I enjoyed every moment of it, too.  


Well, that was my day.  I find myself writing more and more since leaving Hoquiam.  Maybe I need a new hobby.  Books are getting boring.  I guess I will be back soon.

Photobucket