Visitors


Time flies when your having fun. At least that is what they tell me. I guess time also flies when you are a vampire, and you have eternity to live. You get twenty four hours in a day to figure out how to spend your time, and endless hours to fill. Time flies.


It seems like forever since I last wrote an entry in this journal. I suppose I don't really write when there isn't much to write about. Things have been peaceful, and life has been good. I have been my usual, brooding self. Rosalie has stared at herself in the mirror, primped her hair, and twirled her dresses. Emmett has flexed his muscles, wrestled a few bears, and cracked a few tasteless jokes. Esme is still her same, wonderfully loving, motherly self, and Carlisle is still always balancing endless hours at the doctor's office with spending time with his family of vampires.


Even the town has grown accustomed to us. For the first time, we completely fit in here, for the most part. Carlisle is well-liked, and the rest of us aren't seen enough to raise many eyebrows. People mind their own business, and what people do think about us are generally good thoughts, or at the very least, positive thoughts, in one way or another.


However, it seems that just when we fall into a pattern, a sense of feeling at home, something comes along to rock the boat. Two visitors came knocking on the door of the Cullen house yesterday. I am still trying to figure out what to make of them exactly. They are a couple, a vampire couple.


Their names are Alice and Jasper, and they are unlike anyone I have ever really encountered. Their stories are completely wild. Jasper is a vampire warrior. He was a soldier in his human life, and he was created for the sole purpose of fighting in vampire wars, vampire battles. He grew tired of that life, however, tired of all the killing, and sought peace. Alice, on the other hand, is a blank. She has no memories at all of her human life, and no idea who created her or why.


They have appeared on our doorstep asking for a place to stay for awhile. Carlisle, being the kind man that he is, of course did not refuse them. I am intrigued by them both and wonder about the thoughts I see in each of them. They both seem to be keeping to themselves for now, but I am eager to learn more about them. I am not really sure how long they will be staying here. Alice told Carlisle that she heard of us, but when he asked who he had heard of us from, she said she did not want to explain it just yet, and threw me an awkward glance.


I tried to read Alice's mind but then Jasper gave Carlisle an odd look and then a weird feeling of calm came over me and I found Jasper's thoughts to be very overwhelming. He was concentrating very hard on getting everyone in the room to feel very calm, and I could no longer concentrate on what anyone else was thinking, as I was so preoccupied on him. His thoughts were almost like a command, an order inside his head, like he was willing everyone to feel calm, rather than thinking that everyone should feel calm. It was odd and it bothered me.


Perhaps I will discuss this with Carlisle. I don't want him to think that I am not giving the new visitors a chance, so maybe I will wait. Tomorrow is a new day to explore their actions and thoughts a little more. Perhaps time will tell. For now, it is late and I am tired. I will be back to share all the new discoveries about these new vampires.

Photobucket