Adjusting


Our visitors are odd indeed, but I am not sure that is a bad thing. I am actually starting to like them both, and for completely different reasons. Perhaps I should start with Alice.


Alice is like a little butterfly. She is tiny, and she flits around from room to room, with energy and focus. She has short brown hair, which is cut in a wild style which seems to suit her. She always seems to know what is going to happen, and prepares for it. I am not sure what to think of her entirely, but she is very friendly and almost drowns me with her friendliness. It is hard not to like her. In fact, it is almost impossible. She and I are becoming fast friends. The only thing that bothers me about her is that there seems to be something lurking on the edge of her thoughts that she seems to want to tell me, and doesn't seem ready to. I see her debating it- should she tell me, maybe, not yet, maybe later. It is driving me insane, but I do not know her well enough to ask what it is she is thinking about. I cannot exactly tell her I read minds.


Jasper, on the other hand, seems to be the other side of her coin. He is the darkness to her light. He balances her out in every way. They are another perfect match, which makes me question so many things I have seen in this short vampire life of mine. And because he is so different from Alice, and yet so perfectly matched for her, we also get along very well. Jasper is struggling very hard to be a "good vampire." It seems almost impossible for him to stop feeding on human blood. I am not exactly sure how long it has been since his last human meal, but he seems to think of it often, especially when we go into town. Alice reassures him constantly, telling him things like, "You won't do anything, it's okay." and "Relax, trust yourself, you aren't going to act on your thirst today." While these statements are a little odd, they seem to calm him. He thinks that she knows what she says, that her words are to be trusted, and he believes her.


Jasper struggles so much- in my opinion at least- because he was a fighter for so long. He spent so much time literally seeking out vampires, destroying them and feeding on humans all the while. It is hard to give up that life. Once you take another's life- vampire or human- it changes you. The more lives you take, the more changed you become. I also think that Jasper struggles because he doesn't have very much faith in himself, but then again, I am not a therapist. I am only Edward, and who am I to say? Either way, his history and mine help me feel a little closer to him, although that might sound a little silly now that I have put that on paper. He was a skilled fighter, and I was a vengeful monster, but at the same time, something inside me feels like he might understand some of what I was feeling when I went through my darkest of days. There was a reason he left that life, after all.


At any rate, they have told Carlisle that they sought us out not as a temporary place to stay, but as a refuge. They wish to stay here, probably permanently, if we will have them. I have no objections to that. I am happy with them staying for some reason. I feel oddly linked to them both. Emmett has already become at ease with them both as well. Rosalie is a little at odds with Jasper from time to time, but she has opened right up to Alice. Alice seems to have a knack for fashion. She is interested in all of the clothing from New York and London, and loves to show Rosalie all of the things she would love to order from the catalogues. They play dress up or whatever it is that girls do in the bathroom with their clothes and makeup. Rosalie seems to really enjoy having another girl around. As I said, Alice practically smothers you in her friendliness. It was hard for even Rosalie to resist.


The Cullens are supposed to be voting tonight on whether or not we would like to have Alice and Jasper stay with us indefinitely. I have a good feeling about it. Carlisle wanted us to have some time to think it over before we voted, but I am not sure any of us really needed much time to make up our minds. Alice and Jasper have won us over. Although Jasper still does that weird commanding us all to be calm thing, they are both really enjoyable to be around for the most part. I will be back to write more after I know what is going on with the vote and everything. For now, I guess that is all!

Photobucket