Foolish Bear


At the least you could say Rosalie is happy now.  Esme says I am doing better now, too, although I like to think I am still wallowing in my self-pity.  Why I let myself get me down, I am not sure, but I do.


Anyways, we have added a new Cullen to the bunch.  It was a rather interesting story.  We were out hunting, the four of us, Esme, Rosalie, Carlisle and I.  Esme was hanging back, letting Carlisle catch her something, like usual.  Rosalie was going in for the kill on something in the distance.  I wasn't really paying much attention to her, because a bear was in my peripheral view and I was going to sneak up on it.  Bears aren't really my preference but they are abundant in these woods and some days you just have to go for what you can get, and have fun with it.  Yes, I do have fun some of the time!


Before I could even read it in her thoughts, Rosalie was screaming for Carlisle.  I didn't understand, as it took forever for me to read her thoughts.   We huddled around her, and she was cradling a bloody human in her arms.  He had curly hair and was tall and strong looking, but not much else about him was discernible.  He had obviously been attacked by something, a bear probably.


Finally, I realized I couldn't read her thoughts because was because she had been so far away.  She had gone so far out, that she had to carry this boy to us- to Carlisle.  Scanning over the many things running through her mind, I realized she had brought this boy over a hundred miles in hopes to find Carlisle.  It had taken all her effort not to finish him off and drink his blood in the process.  An image of Henry, the small baby boy with curly hair and her best friend, Vera, also kept flashing through her mind.


She begged Carlisle to save him.  How could he refuse?  Carlisle did his best, and of course, was successful.  So now we have a new vampire, only two years after Rosalie joined us.  Our family keeps growing and growing.  At least now I have a hunting partner.  Not that Rosalie isn't a good hunter, but Emmett has something to offer.  Ironically, his favorite hunting subject is bears.  He plays with them.  Payback?  Its funny to watch.


Its also nice to have a brother around.  It helps to pass the time.  He took to the vampire life like it was the best thing that ever happened to him almost.  Rosalie and Emmett are obviously soul mates.  Again with the soul mates.  It makes me wonder if there is ever going to be anyone out there for me.  I am getting frustrated just thinking about it.


Emmett just threw a football at my head.  I think I should go wrestle him to the ground.  He knows he is stronger than me, especially as a newborn, but I can read his thoughts, which make our matches very interesting.  Time to have some fun!

Photobucket