Easy Going


Things have been going much smoother lately.  It seems like scaring that poor boy was so long ago, it is hard to believe that was the last time I've written.  To catch up on current events, we popped in on the trouble-making boy every now and then, trying to keep the thought fresh in his mind that he needed to keep quiet.  Over the course of the summer, I monitored his thoughts and if it ever seemed like he was starting to get too comfortable, or feel too safe with the idea of telling someone about us, we paid him a surprise visit.  It worked like a charm.

Rosalie and Emmett have been attending Mountain State University, like they planned, and Alice and Jasper are at Marshall University.  Being the loner that I am, decided to take a year off to go do some travelling, but eventually ended up joining Alice and Jasper at Marshall.  People don't really notice us there, as the classes are large, and the campus is diverse.  We are just your typical college students to them, with our faces stuck in books, pale and withdrawn from too much studying, as far as anyone would assume.  Since Alice and my last name is different from Jasper's, people usually assume that Alice and I are brother and sister and she is his girlfriend.  We don't offer the foster story, and people really don't get nosy.  It is nice to be with an older crowd that at is too caught up in themselves to worry about others.  Or at least pretends to be.

Rosalie and Emmett are planning another wedding.  It is going to be a big, gaudy affair in Paris this time.  We will all fly out there, but they have been travelling back and forth to set things up.  I swear Rosalie never gets worn out.  At least this time she has managed to be gracious about the whole thing, and with Alice helping, it has been quite entertaining for the three girls to plan.  We all have a week off in the spring, which is exactly when Rosalie plans on having the wedding.  She wants lots of flowers blooming and tree blossoms for the photographs.  Even Emmett is excited, despite the fact that Alice has picked out a light blue tuxedo with a big, ruffled shirt for him to wear.  It is supposed to match the flowers perfectly, whatever that means.  Girls.

When I'm not busy vocalizing how glad I am that I'm not Emmett in his powder blue suit (which usually lands me in a wrestling match in which Jasper gets involved to referee, because it is such a close match between Emmett's strength and my mind reading), I am usually studying.  I actually get to take classes now that I haven't taken a million times already.  College finally has something to offer me that high school did not.  My favorite classes, of course, are humanities and philosophy.  I love learning how how people think, why perhaps they think why they do, and how they lived the ways they did.  It is incredible when you combine these classes with my innate ability for understanding the human thought process.  When you can read minds, it brings philosophy to a new level.

Homework gives me something to do at night, at the least.  I am usually a favorite among my professors, naturally.  This tends to happen when everyone else in your house has other ways to spend their dusk hours and you are trying to kill time.  My papers are always long, well thought out, and above par.  I go beyond what is expected of me.  In fact, now that I am thinking about it, I just got an idea for tonight's assignment.  I should probably get started.  Who knew- Edward, drowning his sorrows in schoolwork.  I feel like a nerd.  I wonder how long this will last?  If I am lucky I can stretch  it out a decade or so.  Then again my luck never seems to take me far.  Anyway, that is it for now.   Be back when I have more to talk about.

Photobucket