Cérémonie de Paris


Rosalie's Paris wedding was everything she ever could have hoped for and more. Held at the Chateau d’Esclimont in Saint Symphorien, a grand castle on cascading gardens, even my breath was taken away. Which is a lot to say considering I don't technically breathe.

Everything was gorgeous. The flowers were beautiful and covered everything. There were gardens outside for Rosalie's must-have photos, and Alice made sure that the grand hall inside was adorned in plentiful blooms of various sorts. The chairs for the guests were high-backed, red-upholstered fancy looking things, fit for royalty.  They matched the long, sheer, red drapery that hung tied back over the tall, floor length windows that covered the far wall.  There was no doubt that this was the wedding of Rosalie's dreams.  

Aside from the powder blue suits that Rosalie picked out, which matched everything except perhaps the royalty chairs and drapes, yet somehow looked completely pulled together, it was perfect.  I was a little surprised, I have to admit.  How they topped off their last wedding, I am not sure, but then again I suppose this time they have Alice and her great decorating skills on their side.  It was quite humorous to hear Rosalie and Alice arguing with the various wedding planners for the last two months over almost every single detail.  Vetoing the wedding planners' every idea.  Yet everything looks amazing.

The guest list was small, for such an extravagant wedding.  This was a vampire wedding.  Not many people could be allowed to know that we could afford such a big event like this.  Rosalie and Emmett don't mind, of course.  This wedding is purely for Rosalie's entertainment.  It is so she can wear a big, fancy white dress, walk down an aisle covered in flowers, eat an extravagantly decorated cake (or pretend to), etc.  For Rosalie, it was the best of both worlds this time, last time she got a fancy wedding to show off to the town, this time she got a fancier wedding to show off to her vampire friends and family.

She says one of the perks of being married for eternity is that you should get to relive the wedding and "renew your love" for each other every so often.  I see right through that of course.  You couldn't possibly renew their love, it is already as deep as it gets.  She just wants everyone to stare at her in her dress.  Which makes me laugh, of course.  Typical Rose.  I think we all know, but no-one really minds.  Especially Emmett.  That man would walk across fire for her, which says a lot since fire is our worst foe.

Anyway, I got out of being the best man, but I got roped into being an usher instead.  I got to seat every vampire we have ever met- and a few extra friends who came along as "plus ones"- into rows in the grand room.  At least I demanded to wear a black tux instead of blue.  There's a bonus.  Vampires showed up from around the world- most of them from Carlisle's request, of course, but I have met quite a few of them from my travelling experiences too.

It was interesting when I ushered Aro and his wife to their seats, however.  I was careful not to touch Aro.  He was overly friendly, which I have heard that he usually is, under good terms.  He asked me if I have considered his offer, but did not elaborate on which offer or say anything else.  I just stood there for a moment, then took his wife's hand and led them down the aisle to a fairly close row of seats.  It would be in poor taste to give a Volturi leader a poor view of the wedding.

Finally, since he was obviously waiting for an answer, I told him blankly that I was enjoying time with my family, and did not see leaving them to be in my future.  What he said next was rather confusing and upsetting at the same time, but it was his thoughts that rattled me the most.  He said that our futures are subject to change, as I should be very well aware.  Then his thoughts shifted to Alice.

I was absolutely unaware that he realized Alice had joined our family, nor did I expect him to know Alice had a special ability.  Where he had gained this knowledge from, I had no idea, but it disturbed me greatly.  I couldn't just interrupt the wedding to consult with Carlisle about it, and my mind was racing.  I shook my head numbly and walked away.  As I left the row of chairs I placed Aro and his wife in, I heard him tell me that the offer is always open and he will speak with me again soon.  I just kept walking.

It was almost time for the wedding to start.  Emmett was already standing up at the front, nodding his hello's and smiling here and there to people. Jasper was at his side. Rosalie was in back getting ready, and Alice and Esme were helping her.  Carlisle was with Rosalie, ready to walk her down the aisle.  I was up here, ushering with Eleazer, and couldn't even think of abandoning post.  Finally, the music started.  Pachelbel's Canon in D minor.

Rosalie came up the aisle with Carlisle, looking absolutely beautiful.  Alice was behind her in a coordinating bridesmaid dress.  I followed with Esme and led Esme to her seat quietly.  We sat down together in the front row and watched the ceremony together, Carlisle sitting down after kissing Rosalie on the forhead after lifting her veil at the traditional place in the ceremony.  It was all fancy and traditional, and had any French people been there they would have looked at us, with the powder blue suits, the oddly colored eyes, classic traditions and lack of food and thought we were all crazy.  But we all loved it.  A band played during the reception, we all danced, and everyone enjoyed themselves without pretending to be anyone they weren't.  It was very nice.

I got a moment during the reception to find Carlisle and Alice together and tell them about Aro's statement.  They both found it as bothersome as I did.  There wasn't much we could do about it, however.  It was like bidding time, waiting for a predator to pounce.  You know they are up to something, but until you know what, you can't defend yourself.  Alice is going to be on the lookout, but it won't do a lot of good.  In the meantime, we are just going to go about our business in a more cautious nature.  Eleazer suspects that they have another talent seeker of their own, someone who has replaced him.  This would explain how they know about Alice, I suppose.  The Volturi always seems one step ahead.

At any rate, the wedding was incredible, and everyone had a great time.  Now we are just lying in wait.  And waiting is never fun.  So until I have something to write about...I'll be back.

Photobucket