Investigation





Leave it to me to be nosey and not know how to stay out of someone elses business. Trust me when I say that being a mind reader is not all that is cracked up to be. Most people think that if you could read people's minds that there is no limit to what you can do in the world. While there is some logic to that thinking most people don't take into account the secrets you carry as well.

Never have I felt this burden as much as I have today. After hunting we came back to the hotel. Carlisle and Esme wanted some private time and Jasper and Alice decided to do the same. That left me completely alone and so my nosey nature and utter boredom took over. I began to investigate the vampire that was 'hiding' out in our hotel. It wasn't hard to catch her scent and get a read on her mind.

She was still being cautious of our presence. She felt threaten by how large our coven was and kept thinking that 'they' had to have sent us since there were so many. The one thing that puzzled her was our eyes. She had never seen vampires with yellow eyes and it bothered her.

I followed her most of the day. She was actually quite pretty and obviously very young in the vampire world. However she had such a control over mind that she astounded me. She knew I was following her but she wasn't going to make any sudden movements for fear of me finding out who she was. She still kept her thoughts closed to me and after pretty much spending my whole day watching her I decided it was time to make my move.

Boy was that a bad idea...


Photobucket