Moving On



What once was, so shall it be again. I think those are famous words. It felt that way walking back through my Chicago home. My family greeted me with open arms, Esme, Carlisle, Alice and Jasper all waiting for me to return like I was a soldier back from war. If only I could do such good deeds. I would never be such a wholesomely helpful person, although in my own ways, I suppose I tried my best to manage with what cards I had been dealt.

Coming home was the most wonderful feeling I had experienced in a long time. Alice prepared a party for me- as Alice loves to do- and we all reminisced about the things that had happened both abroad and in Chicago while I was away.

The best part of the day was when Emmett and Rosalie came to the door with their bags in hand and a moving van full of a load of their belongings. They were coming to stay with us again.

I heard Emmett's thoughts before he even got to the door, pulled the door open before he knocked and rammed him headfirst in a football-style move. It was a welcome only he would appreciate. Rosalie grunted at us in disgust and went inside to drop her bags in the foyer.

Once things had calmed some, I learned why Rosalie and Emmett were returning. I was the last to find out, everyone else had expected their arrival but saved it as a surprise for me.

Rosalie and Emmett had decided to return to Chicago and come back to live with the Cullens in part because Rosalie was bored with herself and in part because Emmett was having a little trouble sticking to the vegetarian diet. Not that he had been feeding off of humans left and right or anything, but there had been a man who smelled particularly appealing to Emmett and he decided to drink his blood.

The man had no clue what was going on, and Rosalie swooped in fairly quickly to stop Emmett but it was too late. They ended up having to burn the body and hide the ashes- as they would a vampire, since they didn't know what else to do. The experience left Rosalie so upset she didn't want Emmett to taste human blood again.

Edward knew that Emmett had tasted human blood on 2 or 3 prior occasions throughout his vampire life but wasn't sure if Rosalie knew about them or simply ignored the incidents. She was very proud of her own ability to resist human blood and expected Emmett to do the same. Emmett was more laid back- in every way- and although he respected the vegetarian diet and the reasons for it, sometimes he caved in every few decades or so and wasn't too hard on himself for it.

Everyone else seemed to be fairly understanding as well. Restraining from human blood was nearly impossible, and Emmett wasn't the king of self-restraint. He did remarkable well 99 percent of the time as it was.

Anyway, I was psyched to have them back home. On another note, we all re-enrolled in high school on the other side of town. We didn't want to leave Chicago just yet, and since we weren't really the neighborly type, we simply relocated our teenage selves to another high school. It was a private school, which meant we wouldn't stick out like sore thumbs, and I was looking forward to that.

Carlisle kept his hospital job, since adults age much slower than kids, we figured we were good for a while with him. It was weird- on one hand life seemed to start over for us again, as it does every so often for us- and on the other hand things were just the way they used to be.

Well as you can imagine today was an exciting day. I am going to go out hunting and then take some time to relax, read a book, or maybe just have a long talk with Carlisle about something new. I'll be back with details about the new school later.

Photobucket