Canada





Next stop, Saskatoon, Canada...

We got into Saskatoon very early in the morning, so it only seemed proper to stop at a hotel and tidy up a bit. The country is so vast and beautiful. The early morning sun rise cascaded a beautiful ring of light across the mountains. There is plenty of wide open space and wildlife which makes this area ideal for hunting. We all need to feed rather soon anyway. Traveling as we have been, while it has been fun, has also caused us to put our normal habits on hold. We don't want to take any chances of another accident.

Upon entering the hotel, I felt an immediate uneasiness. The minds of almost everyone there seemed be normal. Everyone noticed us right away but there was one woman who's thought struck me as odd. It almost seemed as though she wanted to hide from us. Little did she know that I could hear what she was thinking. Besides, we all could smell her. She was definitely not human.

She was hiding in the kitchen and praying we could smell her over the horrible smell of eggs cooking. She kept thinking that 'they' would never suspect her being this close to humans without hunting. Her thoughts seemed to think that whoever 'they' are...we were part of them. She assumed we were after her and if we caught wind of her she would need to make a run for it.

I made sure to relay this information to Carlisle quickly. I wanted us to hold off on introducing ourselves to this vampire. Her thoughts were so scattered it made me think she was a rather young vampire, not a newborn, but all the same very young. I searched for a hint of who she might be so afraid of but she hid those thoughts rather well. I could only think of one group that might scare a vampire this badly - The Volturi.

I know Esme was a little upset that our vacation has been interupted by this detour but if its the Volturi she is afraid of, I don't want us anywhere near here when they come for her.

Well it looks like we are off to hunt in the Meewasin Valley. Afterward I think I'm going to try and probe our new 'friends' mind to see what she is really up too. The more information I get the better off we will be.


Photobucket