Distraction


Life has been pretty quiet since Jaymie's accident. I keep reliving that experience in my mind though. What if I hadn't gotten to her in time? What if I hadn't had the will power not to kill Adam for what he did? What if I hadn't had the will power to not kill Jaymie simply because I was thirsty? What if someone started asking questions as to why I was the right place at the right time? Way to many "what ifs" for my taste. Carlisle keeps telling me that no one is suspicious, Jaymie is perfectly fine and I should relax. I know he is right and I must find a way to relax.

Trying to cheer me up, Jasper has asked me to go hunting with him. He keeps trying to go longer and longer without hunting. Building his resistance as he calls it. I personally feel that it's not wise. While Jasper is anything but weak, he does seem to struggle more then the rest of us with the vegetarian diet.

I agreed to go with him on this trip. Lets face it, I needed something to take my mind off things. We are heading to one of our favorite hunting spots. Its about a hour outside in Chicago with lots of trees and lots of Whitetail deer. We invited Alice along but she turned us down.

Alice and Esme have some new project they are working on. I haven't really paid much attention to the details but whatever it is, it's keeping Alice at home for this trip. Not a big deal really, a nice trip alone with Jasper is what I need anyway. I know he feels how much I'm struggling with everything that occurred. It just keeps nagging at me and I'm not sure why.

Jasper keeps honking the horn. Will write more when I get back from the trip. I must remind him that "Patience is a virtue".


Photobucket